First time here? Consider going back to the first posts for general information about my shiatsu practice.
Thanks for visiting! -Andrew

Friday, May 20, 2011

Flat tire

Sometimes things don't work out the way you plan. It is important to differentiate between a totaled car and a flat tire. Recently I've had a lot of Spring Energy - I have been running around, getting a lot done, and laying a lot of plans. With one thing or another, it’s been pretty non-stop, so when I do stop, it’s sometimes jarring.

Last week, I was heading out and found a completely flat tire on my car. I was stuck (considering where I was going), but fortunately it was a beautiful evening - sunny and a little warm. It took about an hour to switch to the reserve, drive to a tire store and get a new tire installed, and I was on my way.




Granted, I lost an hour of my planned productivity. I had to roll back my plans for the day, which meant my plans for the next day would also be altered.

Dealing with such events can bring total exhaustion, which can escalate, circumstantially -- imagine if I was wearing a tuxedo, on my way to an important event, and it was 35 F and raining. Really, as it was, it was just a hiccup. I try not to sweat the hiccups.

No comments:

Post a Comment